Podcast is one of the most overlooked media, for it does not have the mass appeal that its visual-dominant peers boast of. But believe me, it is as enjoyable and personal as reading a book. The connect with the host is real. Most importantly, you actively engage with the content. Plus, it does not strain your eyes!
In this post, I have mentioned 5 of the podcasts that I love and listen to everyday.
1. Stuff You Should Know About: Hosts Josh and Chuck talk about random but extremely interesting topics. They speak about Mojave microphone to the inner workings of Venus.
2. History of India: The bumbling historian, Professor Kit Patrick, takes us on a whirlwind tour from Greece to China, from Pataliputra to Kalinga all the while taking an Indian perspective to those events.
3. Life Kit: Host Allison Aubrey ponders on the life questions that everyone faces. Now, she does not delve into existential questions, instead she chooses to focus on more concrete dilemmas such as work-place romance. Its aim is to arm you with the tools necessary to navigate our everyday lives.
4. Freaknomics Radio: This radio show is hosted by one of the co-authors of the best-selling book Freaknomics. Hosted by Stephen Dubner, this show, is a podcast version of the book. Its’ quirky, insightful and fun.
5. Lexicon Valley: All those amateur linguists out there, this one is for you. Linguist John McWhorter explores a wide range of topics from shared roots to the origins of cuss words.
So tune in to enjoy!!